Robert focuses on dispute resolution, employment as well as labor and corporate compliance. He is a key member of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group of the Taipei office and is experienced in intellectual property disputes, data privacy, multilevel marketing and general corporate commercial consulting.
Robert advises on dispute resolution, employment and labor, corporate compliance, intellectual property, corporate commercial, multi-level marketing and data privacy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented multinational and domestic clients including hi-tech companies, pharmaceutical companies, franchise restaurants, chemical companies, banks, real estate brokers and software companies in labor, product liability, copyright, trademark, patent, contract and commercial disputes and litigations, including a successful evidence preservation and subsequent e-forensic in the Intellectual Property Court, and a court preliminary injunction compelling a government agency to sustain a government procurement contract.
- Represented and advised multi-level marketing enterprises in product liability litigations, alleged health food law violation, regulatory compliance, trademark disputes, unfair competition and distributor disputes.
- Defended Taiwan listed companies and multinational clients in criminal charges including violation of securities law and government procurement law.
- Assisted multinational and domestic clients including hi-tech companies, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers, banks, entertainment companies, software companies and a furniture retailer in employee transfers and other relevant matters in mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and reorganization, and outsourcing projects.
- Provided legal advice to multinational and domestic clients including hi-tech companies, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers, banks, entertainment companies, software companies, office supply companies, fashion brands and consulting companies in relation to general labor and employment matters, data privacy issues and internal compliance investigations.
- Assisted Taiwan hi-tech companies in international arbitrations.
- Provided legal and compliance trainings in respect to employment termination, data privacy, sexual harassment and discrimination, contract reviews, anti-competition and anti-corruption issues to multinational and domestic clients.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Miaoli Bar Association
- Taipei Bar Association
- Taichung Bar Association
- Kaohsiung Bar Association
- Miao-Li~Taiwan (2014)
- Taichung~Taiwan (2012)
- Kaohsiung~Taiwan (2011)
- Taipei~Taiwan (2008)
- Patent Agent for Taiwan Intellectual Property Office (2004)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LLM) (2008)
- National Chiao Tung University (LLM) (2006)
- National Cheng-Chi University (LLB) (2002)
Co-editor, No Oops at Work - The law you need to know for work, 2016
Co-author, The International Legal Developments on the Access and Benefit-Sharing of Biological Genetic Resources, 2005
Introduction to the Biodiversity Law of Costa Rica, 2005
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.