Man Chiu Lee
Man Chiu Lee is a special counsel in Baker & McKenzie, Hong Kong. He advises on a broad range of transactions, including equity offerings and listings (in particular, US IPOs and Hong Kong IPOs with a Rule 144A tranche), private equity and venture capital, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate and banking matters.
Mr. Lee represents issuers and underwriters in the IPO and private placement of equity and debt securities and in connection with the structuring, issuance, and distribution of convertible debt securities, asset-backed securities and derivative financial products.
He has represented listed companies in securities law compliance matters and buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions, and drafted corporate documents, including contracts, royalty agreements and license agreements for start-up companies, as well as other documentation for general corporate and banking transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented China South City Holdings Limited, a PRC commercial property developer, on the global offering of its USD150 million 6.75 percent high-yield senior notes under Regulation S underwritten by UBS, Credit Suisse and HSBC.
- Represented China South City Holdings Limited, a PRC commercial property developer, on the global offering of its USD200 million 6.75 percent high-yield senior notes under Regulation S underwritten by UBS, BofA Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, Citi, Deutsche Bank and HSBC.
- Represented Hong Kong Airlines Limited on the global offering of its USD250 million 6.90 percent high-yield guaranteed notes under Regulation S underwritten by Guotai Junan International, BOC International and Bank of China.
Prior to joining Baker & McKenzie, Mr. Lee:
- Represented CLSA and CITIC Securities International on the USD283 million Hong Kong IPO and Rule 144A placing of Macau Legend Development Limited, a company providing casino management services to a Macau concessionaire.
- Acted for Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, Standard Chartered, BOCOM International and First Shanghai on the USD215 million Hong Kong IPO and Rule 144A placing of CIFI Holdings (Group) Co. Ltd., a PRC real estate developer.
- Represented China Vanadium Titano-Magnetite Mining Company, the largest non state-owned operator of iron ore mines in Sichuan Province, on its USD306 million Hong Kong IPO and Rule 144A placing sponsored by Citigroup.
- Advised Duoyuan Global Water Inc., a leading China-based supplier of domestic water treatment equipment, on its USD101 million NYSE IPO underwritten by Piper Jaffray.
- Represented Citigroup and Macquarie on the USD133 million Hong Kong IPO and Rule 144A placing of Real Gold Mining Limited, a Chinese gold mining company.
- Represented HSBC as lead arranger in connection with Hong Kong SAR’s USD20 billion global bond offering under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Represented Citigroup as lead arranger in connection with the Export-Import Bank of China’s USD750 million global offering of 10-year bonds under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Hong Kong (2015)
- New York~United States (1999)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.) (1998)
- Harvard University (B.A.) (1994)