Laureen Lee is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Munich office since 2014. As part of the Attorney Training Program, Laureen worked in the Firm's San Francisco office in 2017.
Before joining Baker McKenzie, Laureen clerked at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin and worked as a research assistant at the University of Potsdam. Her international experience includes working for international law firms in Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur and an e-commerce company in Southeast Asia. Laureen received a law degree in Commercial and Corporate Law from the Queen Mary University of London.
Laureen focuses on information technology law and advises national as well as international companies covering all legal aspects concerning IT, data privacy, outsourcing, e-commerce and private international law. She also focuses on IT projects with regards to pharmaceutical or medical devices law.
In this position, she has developed broad experience with advising companies on matters related to cloud computing, employee monitoring programs, bring your own device (BYOD) programs, e-commerce platforms, mobile applications and digital advertising.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a global pharmaceutical company on the implementation of medical devices in connection with a cloud-based platform in over 95 countries (coordinated from Munich).
- Advised global companies in connection with IT-outsourcing projects.
- Advised international companies on the implementation of a global data privacy concept and GDPR compliance.
- Advised international companies in connection with the global implementation of various IT systems.
- Represented clients in proceedings before data protection authorities.
- Advised Telefónica on the E-Plus integration with regards to data privacy issues.
- Secondments with a multinational financial services corporation and a multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Germany (2014)
- High Regional Court of Berlin (Second State Exam) (2013)
- Queen Mary, University of London (LLM Commercial and Corporate Law) (2011)
- University of Potsdam (First State Exam) (2010)