Ju Young (JY) Lee is a senior associate in the Technology, Communications and Commercial team at Baker McKenzie, Sydney. JY has previously worked in-house at the largest telecommunications company in Australia, and she is the chair of the Communications, Entertainment and Technology Law Committee, chair of the Continuing Legal Education Committee and an executive councillor of New South Wales Young Lawyers (part of the Law Society of New South Wales). JY is also a committee member of the Law Society of NSW Legal Technology Committee. She holds a Master of Laws focusing on Media, Communications and Information Technology Law and is currently completing a Master of Intellectual Property.
JY's practice focuses on a variety of areas in media, technology and telecommunications law. She is involved in advising online service providers, telecommunications companies and technology companies in relation to digital and technology-related copyright issues, intellectual property, telecommunications regulation, and consumer protection.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised one of the world's largest consumer goods companies in relation to a proposed acquisition of an aggregation website and the copyright, user generated content, passing off, misleading or deceptive conduct, contractual breach, trade mark and criminal liability related issues.
- Advised one of the world's largest online service providers in relation to its proposed reverse-engineering software and possible copyright implications.
- Advised a large technology company in relation to its proposal to provide safety advice and warnings for computer products solely online, as opposed to in hard copy.
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2009)
- New South Wales~Australia (2007)
- University of New South Wales (Master of Law) (2010)
- University of Technology Sydney (Bachelor of Business) (2007)
- University of Technology Sydney (LL.B.) (2007)