Senior Consultant / CPA
Baker & McKenzie
Dennis specializes in structuring Taiwan operations and transactions, including representative offices, branches and subsidiaries of foreign enterprises. He provides clients with valuable tax advice in relation to pre-acquisition modeling and post-acquisition restructuring. He also has extensive experience in intercompany transfer pricing and tax incentives offered to encourage investment and transfer of technology and also provides advice on value added tax issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advises various private equity funds and strategic corporate buyers on tax issues related to pre-acquisition modeling and post-acquisition restructuring.
- Advises various multinational companies on value-added taxes and treaty protection.
- Advises various multinational companies in relation to tax dispute matters (e.g., withholding tax and tax assessment).
- Named Recommended Individual by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2023)
- Taipei~Taiwan (1994)
- National Taiwan University (EMBA.) (2000)
- National Taipei University (formerly National Chung-Hsing University) (B.A.) (1986)
- Author, The Inward Investment and International Taxation Review, The Law Reviews (2015~2017)
- Author, May Deadline for E-Services to Comply with Taiwan's New VAT Regime, Bloomberg Bureau of National Affairs (2017)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.