Jorge is a senior associate in the Firm’s Corporate and Transactional Practice Group. He joined Baker McKenzie’s Mexico office in 2011. He has over twelve years of experience handling corporate and financial matters. Jorge has participated in domestic and multi-jurisdictional M&A, joint venture, corporate restructuring and finance projects.
His experience includes drafting and negotiation of a broad range of commercial, financial and transactional agreements, provide advice in connection with foreign investment issues and regulatory compliance, participation in the issuance and placement of debt instruments in securities markets, implementation of investment projects for private equity funds including equity investments and mezzanine financing.
Representative Legal Matters
- Distinguished participation in multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganization for a leading international pharmaceutical company, to spin-off its business lines of patent and generic medications.
- Advise private equity funds regarding mezzanine investments in Mexican companies dedicated to sustainable projects of high social impact.
- Provide advice regarding manufacturing chain agreements to major condiment manufacturer within the Mexican market.
- Advise leading company dedicated to the operation of movie theaters in connection with a multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganization.
- Provide advice to Multiple Purpose Financial Company (Sociedad Financiera de Objeto Múltiple) of the real estate sector, regarding issuance, offering and update of bonds (certificados bursátiles y certificados bursátiles fiduciarios).
- Contractual advice to major insurance and bonds broker.
- Contractual advice to leading Real Estate Development Company.
- Distinguished participation in connection with the acquisition of Mexican companies owners of a state of the art beer brewery facility, by an international manufacturer of spirits.
- Legal advice to Specialized Company for the Investment of Retirement Funds (Sociedad de Inversión Especializada en Fondos de Ahorro para el Retiro) to evaluate the convenience and permissibility of investments in securities, under the applicable regulations and the associated risks regarding the issuance and payment of such securities.
- Distinguished participation and advice to multinational energy corporation regarding the acquisition of special purpose vehicles dedicated to the development and constructions of wind farms for the generation of electrical power.
- Mexico (2008)
- Universidad Panamericana (Commercial Law) (2008)
- Universidad Panamericana (J.D.) (2007)