Dominique Lechien is a senior counsel in the Real Estate and Construction Practice Group in the Firm's Brussels office. Dominique formerly chaired the Firm's Global Real Estate Steering Committee, the Steering Committee of the European Real Estate and Construction Practice Group, and the Real Estate and Construction Practice Group in Belgium. He has been consistently mentioned over the past years as a leading real estate lawyer in Belgium in Chambers Global, The European Legal 500 and other publications.
Dominique advises clients such as financial institutions, funds and asset managers and various Belgian and foreign institutional companies on various transactions. He has extensive experience in real estate, banking and financial law, and commercial and corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted two French funds in the acquisition of the company owning the Wiltcher's hotel, office retail and residential complex in Brussels.
- Assisted a leading Belgian investor insurer in the acquisition of the Galeries Saint Lambert shopping center in Liège.
- Assisted in the purchase of the shares of Galaxy Properties SA/NV, owner of the North Galaxy Building which houses the Belgian Ministry of Finance.
- Assisted Aberdeen Asset Management Deutschland AG on various property sales, acquisitions and restructurings.
- Assisted a worldwide service payment group in the sale and leaseback of their data center and office buildings in Brussels.
- Advised a major worldwide computer and electronic devices retailer on the opening of a new shop in the center of Brussels.
- Assisted a major French apparel company in connection with their shops in Brussels, Antwerp, Knokke and an outlet facility in Belgium.
- Assisted a Belgian institutional investor with the acquisition of a significant participation in two different SICAFIs.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- University of Brussels, Centre for Private and Economic Law - Research Assistant
- RICS - Member
- Brussels~Belgium (1980)
- University of Michigan (LL.M.) (1987)
- University of Brussels (Degree Business Law magna cum laude, great distinction) (1982)
- University of Brussels (Law Degree magna cum laude, great distinction) (1980)