Yuri Lebedev is a counsel in the Firm’s Moscow office. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2005, Mr. Lebedev was a real estate lawyer in Linklaters and worked for some time as a member of the London office’s Construction Group. He also worked as an M&A and corporate lawyer at S. P. I. Spirits (Cyprus) Limited, Limassol. Mr. Lebedev graduated from the Law Department of the Moscow State University in 1996 with a degree in Law, and was admitted to the Russian bar in 1996.
Mr. Lebedev focuses his practice on real estate development, land and office leases, land use and planning, servitudes and mortgages. He also advises clients on the real estate aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions, finance and investment acquisitions and lending secured against residential real estate.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the leasing and subleasing of office premises and buildings in Moscow and other major regional centers including Ekaterinburg and Samara (including preliminary agreements to lease for developments under construction) by foreign companies and their Russian subsidiaries including GE Money, BNP Paribas, Latham & Watkins, Boston Consulting and the EBRD.
- Advising a foreign investor on real estate aspects of a major multi-purpose development in Russia including mortgages, servitudes, land use issues and system of leases and sub-leases of premises and equipment.
- Advising a major Asian investor with regard to its potential investments in residential construction including title due diligence, structuring the transaction with involvement of new legislation on the basis of shared participation in construction.
- Advising a cement producing company on matters related to the acquisition of rights to forestry and agricultural land in particular on auction requirements as to compensation of losses of the forestry reserve and agricultural land holders.
- Advising borrowers and lenders on the complex real estate issues related to project financings for clients such as PFIG and OTP Bank.
- Carrying out numerous due diligences of various real estate projects including large complexes for clients such as Kanam Grund, DEGI and Quinn Group.
- Russia (1996)
- Moscow State University (Law Degree) (1996)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.