Bianca M. Lansdown is counsel in Baker McKenzie’s San Francisco office. She represents a large number of Silicon Valley technology companies as well as companies in the financial services, private equity, aerospace, and renewable energy sectors.
Bianca has extensive experience advising multinational companies in the design, implementation, and ongoing compliance of global executive and employee incentive programs, dealing with issues related to securities law compliance, tax obligations, data privacy, exchange controls, and labor law compliance. She advises companies on US and international tax considerations and related recharge arrangements. Bianca is also well-versed in the area of equity taxation for globally mobile employees. In addition, she is adept at advising on the regulatory and tax issues related to the treatment of equity awards in various types of corporate transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Fortune 100 company on the tax and regulatory issues and action items associated with the divestiture a business segment in over 71 jurisdictions. Assisted with securities filings, exchange control filings, tax rulings for shareholders, and tax rulings for employees to confirm the tax neutrality of the acceleration, adjustment and conversion of awards in various jurisdictions. Assists with the post-transaction tax and regulatory compliance.
- Advised a multinational semiconductor company on country-specific tax, securities, labor and regulatory issues impacting the adjustment and conversion of the acquired company's equity awards in 22 countries. Helped secure tax rulings in Israel and Singapore to confirm tax-neutrality of the adjustment and conversion of the acquired company's equity awards. Assists with matters on the integration of the acquired company's entities after closing of the transaction.
- Advised Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. on the non-US tax and regulatory issues related to the cancellation, cash-out and replacement of outstanding equity awards in 24 jurisdictions in line with their USD 1.2 billion acquisition of Ruckus Wireless, Inc.
- Advised Atmel Corporation, in its acquisition by Microchip Technology, on the non-US tax and legal issues in 16 jurisdictions where equity awards were offered and assisted with the de-registration of the Atmel share plan in China.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- San Francisco County Bar Association - Member
- National Association of Stock Plan Professional - Member
- Global Equity Organization - Member
- California~United States (2007)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LLM Corporate & Commerical Law) (2005)
- University of Baltimore (JD cum laude) (2004)
- New York University (BA) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.