Karin Lang is a member of Baker McKenzie's Banking & Finance Practice Group in Stockholm. Her main practice area is finance. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2017, she worked at other law firms.
Karin focuses her practice on leveraged finance transactions, M&A, private equity and project financing and general transactions advisory services, advising Nordic and international companies and private equity investors as borrowers and Nordic and international banks and institutions as lenders on a wide variety of transactions that involve financing, refinancing and restructuring.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Karin has advised on the following representative legal matters:
- Proventus Capital Partners as arranger, agent, security agent and lender on its secured term loans to Adriatic Fast Ferries Limited.
- Kiosked Oy Ab as borrower with respect of the English law governed project financing provided by European Investment Bank (EIB).
- H.I.G. Europe on its acquisition finance facilities for the acquisition of Fågelviksgruppen Förvaltning (FVG).
- EQT on the financing of its acquisition of the Evidensia group and in relation to the ongoing financing of the group.
- Proventus Capital Partners as mezzanine arranger, underwriter and lender on the multinational cross-border junior debt facility and as lender under the senior facility arranged by Deutsche Bank AG to Bilcare Research AG.
- Proventus Capital Partners as arranger, underwriter, agent, security agent and lender on the multi-cross border senior secured loan facility to Meltwater.
- The lenders on the English law governed financing of the acquisition of Anticimex by Nordic Capital.
- The senior lenders on the English law governed US cross-border senior and mezzanine financing of the acquisition of Orchid by Altor.
- The lender on the cross-border financing of Nordic Capital's public bid for Munters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swedish Bar Association - Member
- Sweden (2014)
- University of Stockholm (LLM juris kandidat) (2010)
- Queen Mary, University of London (LLM) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå KB is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.