David routinely works in the LNG sector, advising both domestic and international clients across the LNG value chain. He has represented clients on matters related to gas supply, liquefaction, marketing and shipping, regasification and gas sales for projects throughout the world.
David has extensive experience in developing other energy and petrochemical infrastructure, including representing upstream, midstream and petrochemical companies to develop projects, and acquire and dispose of assets. He has also represented companies around the world in private equity fund investments, joint ventures and project financing matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the firm, David worked on the following matters:
- Represented a US subsidiary of a Canadian company in its development of an LNG export facility and related pipeline on the US West Coast.
- Advised Santos on its long-term joint venture arrangements for the GLNG project in Queensland, Australia, as well as LNG marketing and sales from that joint venture.
- Assisted BG Group on the negotiation of LNG sales, terminal use, gas sales, and related agreements for a multi-user LNG regasification facility in Singapore, including sales of regasified LNG to all utilities in Singapore.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned company on its acquisition of a 10 percent stake in Atlantic LNG liquefaction plant in Trinidad & Tobago.
- Advised GasAtacama Chile on its negotiation of charter agreements for floating LNG receiving, storage and regas units to be moored offshore of Chile, along with related LNG shipping and LNG purchase agreements.
- Advised BG Group on its USD 1.3 billion project development of an LNG import terminal at Quintero, Chile, including negotiations for LNG sales, terminal use and downstream gas sales.
- Drafted and negotiated commercial agreements related to the development of several LNG import terminals in the United States, including engineering procurement, and construction contracts, construction management contracts, terminal use agreements, shared facilities agreements, and related documentation.
Oil & Gas
- Advised Hopu Investments, a leading China-based private equity fund, on its investment in New Age (Africa Global Energy) Limited and related joint development of LNG export projects in Congo-Brazzaville, Cameroon and Nigeria.
- Assisted a portfolio company of a US-based private equity fund with its investment in and joint operations with a Southeast Asian oil and gas company with operations in Indonesia.
- Represented an independent exploration and production company in connection with the development of their upstream gas assets in offshore Malaysia, including negotiation of gas sales arrangements into a proposed FLNG facility.
- Who’s Who Legal for Energy, 2016-2017
- Leading Individual in Energy & Natural Resources, Chambers Global 2016
- Leading Individual in Energy & Natural Resources, Chambers Asia Pacific 2016
- The International Who's Who of Energy Lawyers, 2013-2014
- The International Who's Who of Project Finance Lawyers, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association for International Petroleum Negotiators - Member
- Houston Bar Association - Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association - Member
- High Court of Hong Kong (Solicitor) (2014)
- Texas~United States (2003)
- University of Texas School of Law (JD) (2003)
- University of Texas (BS) (1998)