Anna Lamut is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office. She has represented corporates and individuals in internal investigations and in disclosures and litigation arising from those investigations. She also has experience conducting risk assessments, conducting compliance due diligence, and creating and enhancing compliance programs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Conducted internal investigation for multinational fruit company into alleged fraud committed by several of its employees in India.
- Conducted three separate internal investigations for multinational insurance company into allegations of bribery in Vietnam and analysis of disclosure obligations and decisions.
- Advised a leading multinational electrical equipment distributor on its internal investigations into allegations of bribery and internal fraud in several of its businesses in Greater China.
- Represented international manufacturing company in connection with internal investigation into potential violations of U.S. sanctions laws, and assisted that company in its ultimate disclosure of the potential violations to the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).*
- Represented individuals in internal investigations and investigations by U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), U.K. Serious Fraud Office (SFO), and U.K. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).*
- Developed suite of compliance policies and guidelines for Chinese multinational telecommunications company, and provided compliance training to that company’s senior management and business teams focusing on ABC, sanctions and dawn raid response.
- Advised American multinational company on revamping its compliance training tools and its compliance program in India, including ABC training.
- Enhanced Japanese multinational financial institution’s gifts & entertainment and whistle-blowing policies and procedures in response to investigation findings.
- Advised real estate asset manager in sanctions compliance issue regarding the designation of one of its tenants
- Conducted post-acquisition ABC risk assessment of Indian technology business and advised as to recommended remediation measures.
*Matters undertaken prior to joining Baker McKenzie.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Bar Council - Member
- Hong Kong Law Society - Member
- Women's White Collar Defence Association - Member, Hong Kong Chapter
- Hong Kong (2020)
- New York~United States (2011)
- Harvard Law School (JD)
- Brown University (BA in International Relations and Economics)