Marc Lager is a member of the Firm's Competition Practice Group in Vienna. His practice focuses on EU and Austrian competition and distribution law as well as on regulatory matters. He has published several articles on subjects related to competition and distribution law.
Marc has extensive experience advising domestic and international clients on a variety of competition law issues covering merger control, distribution systems, abuse of dominance, cartel investigations, cooperation agreements, research and development, and export controls, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a major international telecommunications group in the EUR8.5 billion acquisition of a competitor.
- Advised several international clients in relation to investigations of Austrian competition authorities in the consumer electronics, retail, fast-moving consumer goods, manufacturing and logistics sectors.
- Successfully represented a leading energy group in connection with proceedings of Austrian competition authorities regarding an alleged abuse of a dominant market position.
- Acted for an international manufacturer in a number of proceedings before Austrian competition authorities as well as in a number of follow-up private litigation proceedings before the Austrian civil courts.
- Conducted several cartel investigations in the construction, logistics, automotive, telecommunications, manufacturing and consumer electronics sectors.
- Recommended in Competition Future Leaders (Partners), Who's Who Legal 2019
- Austria (2010)
- University of Cape Town (LL.M.) (2006)
- University of Vienna (2003)
Contributor, Handbook Compliance, 3rd edition, edited by Karin Mair and Alexander Petsche, August 2019
Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.