Kenny's areas of practice include mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, and general corporate matters under Singapore and English law. His US securities law experience includes acting as both issuers' and underwriters’ counsel on US-registered offerings, Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings and ADR offerings. Kenny is New York, Singapore and UK qualified.
Kenny also advises on fund managers and issuers on the structuring and establishment of investment funds domiciled in Singapore as well as on regulatory aspects of managing investment funds outside of Singapore.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Amcorp Group Berhad in connection with its Mandatory Unconditional Cash Offer for all the issued and paid-up ordinary shares in the capital of TEE Land Limited, a company listed on the Mainboard of the SGX-ST.
Prior to joining the Firm, Kenny advised for the following clients:
- IHH Healthcare IPO – Acted for CIMB, BAML, Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank and Goldman Sachs on IHH Healthcare Berhad's Rule 144A/Reg S IPO and dual listing on Bursa Malaysia and SGX-ST.
- HPH Trust IPO – Acted for DBS Bank, Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs on the USD 5.8 billion Rule 144A/Reg S IPO of Hutchison Port Holdings Trust, a business trust holding port assets of the Hutchison Whampoa group, on the SGX-ST.
- Far East Hospitality Trust IPO – Acted for a consortium of underwriters on the SGD 1.5 billion IPO of Far East Hospitality Trust on the SGX-ST of hospitality assets belong to the Far East Group.
- Global Logistic Properties Limited IPO – Acted for Citigroup, JP Morgan, CICC, DBS bank and UBS on the Rule 144A/Reg S IPO of Global Logistic Properties Limited, the logistics investment arm of the GIC on the SGX-ST.
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding (Holdings) Ltd IPO – Acted for UBS Bank and DBS Bank in the IPO of one of the leading shipbuilders in the PRC, in a USD 715 million (SGD 1.08 billion) Rule 144A/Regulation S IPO listed on the SGX-ST.
- Thai Beverage Public Company Limited IPO – Acted for Thai Beverage a leading alcoholic beverage company in Thailand, in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S IPO and listing in Singapore.
- Bumi Armada Berhad Rights Issue – Acted for Bumi Armada Berhad in connection with the MYR 295.8 million rights issue on the Bursa Malaysia
- DBS Bank Rights Issue – Acted for Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley and UBS Bank in connection with the SGD 4 billion rights issue by DBS Bank.
- MPM IPO – Acted for Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank in connection with the IPO of PT Mitra Pinasthika Mustika (MPM) on JSX, a company, which is partly owned by private equity firm PT Saratoga Investama Sedaya.
- Sale of Heptagon Advanced Micro-Optics Pte. Ltd. – Acted for the shareholders of, and Heptagon Advanced Micro-Optics Pte. Ltd in connection with the sale of 100% of the shares in Heptagon to AMS AG for USD 855 million.
- Cityneon Holdings Ltd delisting – Acted for Cityneon in connected with the takeover and delisting of Cityneon from the SGX-ST
- Leading lawyer for Capital Markets: Domestic in Singapore, Chambers Asia Pacific 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (1996)
- Solicitor of the Law Society of England & Wales (2002)
- Attorney and Counsel of the State of New York (2005)
- National University of Singapore (Bachelor of Law Second Class Honours) (1995)