Maxim Kuznechenkov is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Moscow office. He is the recipient of the Client Choice Award 2014 and 2015 for commercial property in Russia. He is also recommended by Chambers and Legal 500 where he is described as “very pragmatic and focused on the matter at hand, and has excellent insight into political implications and other issues that might be of importance”. Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2008, he worked as a consultant at PwC, as a real estate senior associate at PwC Legal.
Mr. Kuznechenkov focuses his practice in the areas of construction advisory, leasing, real estate – mergers and acquisitions as well as hotel management contracts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented AGCO on the real estate aspects of its new joint venture with Russian Machines, established to manufacture and distribute agricultural equipment and replacement parts in Russia.
- Acted for Amtel Properties, a property development company owning and operating a land bank and a portfolio of properties in Georgia, Russia and Ukraine, on various real estate aspects of its hotel management transactions in the CIS.
- Assisted Techint Compagnia Tecnica Internazionale in negotiations with Norilsk Nickel, the world’s biggest nickel and palladium producer, over the terms of a contract for the design and construction of new sulfur recovery facilities in Norilsk (preparation of transaction documents, negotiations).
- Advised Nycomed (a Takeda company) on construction, town planning and utility construction matters, pertinent to the construction of a new manufacturing facility in the Yaroslavl oblast. This is a landmark project for the development of a pharmaceutical cluster in the Yaroslavl oblast.
- Represented a Russian subsidiary of Jotun Paints, a leading manufacturer of decorative paints, marine coatings, protective coatings, and powder coatings, in negotiations over the terms of a work contract with design and work contractors in connection with the construction of a new manufacturing facility in the Leningrad oblast (preparation of transaction documents, negotiations).
- Advised Aer Rianta International cpt, an Irish state-owned travel retail company, on various real estate aspects of the sale of its interest in Aerofirst, the Moscow-based airport retail operation, to Arial, ARI’s fellow shareholder in Aerofirst.
- Represented a manufacturer of home appliances in litigation in Russian arbitrazh courts concerning the boundaries of a production site.
- Russia (1998)
- St. Petersburg State University (Postgraduate Diploma (PhD)) (2001)
- St. Petersburg State University (Graduate Diploma) (1998)
- St. Petersburg State Academy of Public Service (Graduate Diploma) (1997)