Marina Kuptsova is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Moscow office. Marina handles employment and migration law issues. Prior to joining the Firm in 2016, she worked at another law firm.
Marina’s practice covers general employment advice, employee hires and terminations, corporate restructuring, staff redundancy, disciplinary enforcement, cooperation with trade unions, other issues concerning social partnerships, executive compensation and employment benefits.
Representative Legal Matters
- Successfully represented a US-based software company in its negotiations with employees under termination and advised on issues connected to employment termination options and post-termination assistance.
- Advised Russia's third largest food retail company on its formalization of employment relations with top-managers, foreign citizens, including structuring of incentive payments and elaboration of employment documents.
- Advised an American multinational telecommunications company on a broad scope of issues connected with the change of its general direction, implementation of obligatory local policies and elaboration on the template employment agreement, including for distant work.
- Advised a multinational construction and engineering company on issues on discrimination.
- Successfully represented a US-based manufacturer of telecommunications equipment in its negotiations related to the termination of its general director and advised on a broad scope of issues related to the changes of the general director.
- Advised an American multinational agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation on its issues on formalization of retention payments.
- Advised an Indian automotive manufacturer on out-staffing and outsourcing rules in Russia, including risk analysis of the personnel engagement scheme and its adjustments to the statutory requirements.
- Advised an American multinational corporation focused on software and networking technology on its issues related to employees' benefits and compensations, elaborated the policy on leaves for women and persons with family responsibilities, and advised on various on-going employment matters.
- Advised a leading international self-service wholesaler on issues connected with cooperation with the trade union and managing the trade union's initiatives.
- Conducted vendor due diligence review for a US-based denim and apparel manufacturing company.
- Russia (2012)
- Lund University (2013)
- National Research University Higher School of Economics (2012)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.