Laura Kupish is a member of Baker McKenzie's International and Commercial practice in Dallas. Prior to joining the Firm, Laura was in-house counsel for a Fortune 100 refining and marketing company, supporting a multi-brand portfolio of fuel offerings and convenience stores in the areas of marketing, franchising, and the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act (PMPA). Laura has experience structuring, negotiating and drafting a wide variety of domestic and cross-border commercial contracts. Prior to her in-house role, Laura was an associate of a boutique franchise firm, representing and counseling numerous franchisor and franchisee clients in a variety of industries throughout their business lifecycle.
Laura focuses her practice on domestic and international franchise and distribution matters, assisting clients with franchise registration and disclosure, franchise relationship matters, as well as cross-border distribution, licensing, and franchising transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ABA Forum on Franchising
- ABA Young Lawyers Division
- ABA Environment, Energy and Resources Law
- Global Information Assurance Certification: Law of Data Security and Investigations (GLEG), April 2015
- The Texas Bar
- Dallas Bar Association - Associate
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas~United States (2013)
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (JD cum laude) (2013)
- Texas A&M University (BA Political Science and History, Honors Undergraduate Research Fellow, magna cum laude) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.