Igor Kungurov is an associate with Baker McKenzie's Moscow office. He joined the Firm's Corporate practice group in 2013.
Igor's practice focuses on general corporate and mergers and acquisitions, particularly in the oil and gas industry.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Repsol S.A. in connection with establishment of an upstream joint venture with Gazprom Neft. The joint venture company, Eurotek Yugra, owned 75% by Repsol and 25% by Gazprom Neft, owns seven exploratory blocks in West Siberia, a relatively underexplored area of Russia with significant potential. Following completion, Gazprom Neft has an option to increase its stake in Eurotek Yugra to 50%.
- Advised National Oilwell Varco, Inc. in connection with the acquisition of the completion tools business of Trican Well Service Ltd. with operations in Russia, Norway, the United States and Canada.
- Advised Alliance Mining Group in connection with a proposed contribution of Amur Zoloto LLC, an established gold company with production and development assets in the Khabarovsk region in the Far East of Russia, into the share capital of Petropavlovsk PLC. The aggregate value of the gross consideration payable on closing is approximately USD 144 million.
- Advised Walgreens Boots Alliance, the first global pharmacy-led, health and well-being enterprise, in connection with the sale of its local pharmaceutical wholesale business, Alliance Healthcare Russia, to leading Russian health and beauty retailer 36.6. Following completion, Walgreens Boots Alliance owns a 15% stake in the 36.6 group.
- Advised Smith & Nephew, a global medical technology company, on its acquisition of the trauma and orthopedics distribution business of DeOst LLC and DC LLC, a manufacturing company in the DeOst group.
- Advised Acino, a Swiss-based pharmaceutical company, on its acquisition of a Russian pharmaceutical company engaged in marketing, sales and distribution of pharmaceuticals in the gynecology sector and for antithrombotic treatment.
- Advised ArcelorMittal, the world’s leading steel and mining company, on the sale of its entire interest in the Kuzbass coal mines in the Kemerovo Oblast, Russia, to Russia’s National Fuel Company.
- Advised Yamal Development LLC, a 50/50 joint venture between Novatek and Gazprom neft, on a USD 2,940 million acquisition of a 60% equity stake in Artic Russia from Eni. Artic Russia owns a 49% interest in SeverEnergia, a Russian oil and gas company operating in the Yamal-Nenets region.
- Advised Alliance Oil Company on its acquisition of approximately 75.5% of the shares in Kamchatnefteproduct and the entire participatory interest in Solnechniy Veter. The former has two oil product terminals and 18 gas stations, while the latter owns an aircraft fueling station located on the Kamchatka peninsula.
- Advised Weatherford, one of the largest multinational oilfield services companies, on the USD 500 million sale of its land drilling and workover assets in Russia and Venezuela to Rosneft, Russia’s leading oil company. Baker McKenzie advised on the legal and tax aspects of this major energy deal. The Firm’s multijurisdictional team was comprised of lawyers in the Caracas, Houston, London and Moscow offices.
- Russia (2010)
- University of the Pacific (McGeorge) (2013)
- St. Petersburg State University (Master's degree) (2012)
- St. Petersburg State University (Bachelor's Degree) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.