Kan Kumano is a member of the Firm’s Finance & Banking Practice Group.
Kan focuses his practice on structured finance, including project finance, lease financing, financial regulation and other finance-related matters, as well as renewable energy projects, Private Finance Initiative / Public-Private Partnership projects and general corporate legal matters. He drafts a variety of agreements, conducts contract negotiations and provides legal advice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented domestic and overseas financial institutions and business operators in project finance transactions involving renewable energy (eg, solar, wind, biomass and geothermal) and LNG-fired power generation projects.
- Represented financial institutions, business operators and public sector entities in Private Finance Initiative / Public-Private Partnership projects, including water services, toll roads, airports, urban parks, satellite systems, schools, government buildings, hospitals, water purification plants, recycling centers and other facilities.
- Provided legal advice to overseas financial institutions and Fintech companies on financial regulations applicable to their services in Japan.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2014)
- New York University School of Law (LLM in Corporate Law) (2020)
- Waseda Law School (Juris Doctor) (2013)
- Waseda University (Bachelor of Laws) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.