Tomasz Krzyzowski co-heads Baker McKenzie’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group in Warsaw. He routinely works on corporate acquisitions and disposals, and has led a series of private equity transactions and real estate projects. He is recommended by leading publications such as Chambers Global, Legal 500, PLC Which Lawyer? and IFLR1000, and was recognized among the BTI Client Service All-Stars in 2016. Tomasz is also actively engaged in pro bono activities and has worked for the non-profit organization Hospice for Children in Warsaw.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Theo Muller Group Secs, acting through its Polish subsidiary Lisner, on the cross-border acquisition of NordFish Foodmark.
- Advised on the sale of Eko Holding, owner of a chain of stores, to Eurocash.
- Advising Varian Medical Systems, a leading producer of radiotherapy medical devices, on its acquisition of Candela's distribution business in Poland.
- Advised Swiss corporation Sigvaris Holding in a public takeover of the Warsaw-listed company Pani Teresa Medica through a public tender offer and squeeze out procedure.
- Advising in connection with the acquisition of shares in Polbita, operator of Drogerie Natura, from a consortium of banks made up of Allior and Erste.
- Advised the company of Affidea group, leader in diagnostic examination services in Europe, on an acquisition in the Polish market.
- Advising MCI.TechVentures1.0, a subfund managed by Private Equity Managers' capital group, concerning the acquisition of a minority stake in GetTaxi, leader in the European market of on-demand transportation services and the world leader in B2B segment.
- Advised on a joint EUR 108 million investment with the Integer.pl Group, the leading independent Polish postal group operating under the InPost brand, to develop and roll out an innovative parcel system, EasyPack, in Europe and CIS countries.
- Advising PineBridge New Europe Partners II on its acquisition of Małpka, the chain of convenience stores, from Czerwona Torebka.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Krakow Legal Advisor Association
- Poland (1998)
- Jagiellonian University (LL.M.) (1995)
Tomasz Krzyzowski has published an article on the financial assistance restrictions in leverage buy-out transactions for the Polish Venture Capital and Private Equity Association's 2005 Yearbook.
According to Practical Law Company (PLC) 2007/8, Tomasz Krzyzowski is a recommended lawyer who has a particular focus on takeovers through acquisition of shares or assets, and reorganization of companies. Experienced in private equity / venture capital transactions for funds, and in real estate and major infrastructure projects. Also handles litigation.
Legal 500 2006 awarded Tomasz Krzyzowski in Corporate practice describing him as the firm's leading corporate light, the latter a private equity and venture capital specialist praised for always doing an excellent job and being quite outstanding of price and speed. He was awarded by Legal 500 2004 in M&A practice B&M's sizeable M&A practice benefits from the leadership of Tomasz Krzyzowski.
IFLR 2009 - "I would say that, with respect to M&A and real estate, they were not just good but exceptionally so - for me, they are the best firm in Poland," says one client. (...) Tomasz Krzyzowski is widely praised by the clients: They know their stuff very well. They've got years of experience in Polish law, and they are able to put that into commercial practice brilliantly - these guys will work 24/7 if they have to. The client adds: Being a lawyer myself I am normally hard on lawyers, but they are a pleasure to work with.
Chambers Global 2007 - This "good all-rounder" has the capacity to develop specialised areas and offer the broadest range of services. Clients commend the professionalism of the group and the wide experience of its lawyers. Tomasz Krzyzowski is praised by the clients for his transactional abilities which include creative structuring and business attitude.