Dorothea Koo has extensive experience working on mergers and acquisitions, as well as private equity and corporate finance matters. She leads the China/Hong Kong Private Equity practice. She is ranked as a leading private equity lawyer for buyouts by Chambers Asia, IFLR 1000 and PLC Which lawyer?. She is also ranked among the leading mergers and acquisitions lawyers by IFLR 1000. Ms. Koo graduated from Stanford University with a B.A. in Economics, University of London with an LL.B. and The University of Hong Kong with the P.C.LL. She is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Yuexiu Group on the acquisition of a 75 percent interest in Chong Hing Bank Limited by way of partial offer.
- Advised Yuexiu Real Estate Investment Trust on the acquisition of Honjia Tower in Shanghai, its first acquisition outside of Guangzhou.
- Advised Yuexiu Group on Yuexiu Real Estate Investment Trust’s investment in Guangzhou International Finance Center.
- Advised an ASX and NYSE listed industry leader in metals and electronics recycling on its acquisition (and subsequent disposal) of a strategic equity position in a Hong Kong listed company (with PRC assets) and related financing of the target company through options, a convertible bond and detachable warrants.
- Advised an NYSE listed industry leader on its acquisition of a strategic equity position in a Hong Kong listed company (with PRC assets).
- Advised ArcelorMittal on its acquisition of a 28 percent interest in, and general offer for shares in, China Oriental Group Company Limited.
- Advised Yuexiu Property Company Limited and Yuexiu Transport Infrastructure Limited on major group reorganisation of their property and transport businesses.
- Advised CLSA Sunrise Capital on its sale of a 54.94 percent interest in Baroque Japan to CDH and Belle.
- Advised Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its venture with China Vanke Co., Ltd. to invest in the Chinese residential market.
- Advised Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its first direct real estate investment in Hong Kong involving the acquisition of 50 percent of the shares in Hong Kong Interlink from Goodman Group.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1997)
- Hong Kong (1996)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1994)
- University of London (LL.B.) (1993)
- Stanford University (Bachelor of Economics) (1988)