Tsakani Kona is a mid-level associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate M&A Practice in Johannesburg. Tsakani has extensive experience in drafting and reviewing complex legal agreements on a wide-range of medium to large corporate and commercial transactions. Further to her legal expertise, Tsakani has eight years' experience as a senior business analyst in the financial sector, having worked at Investec and FNB.
Tsakani's areas of expertise relate to mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring, restructuring and reorganisation, legal due diligence and general commercial transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for an asset management company in connection with the establishment of a fund for purposes of investing in a private game lodge in terms of section 12J of the South African Income Tax Act.
- Acted for a mining company in the acquisition of a mine where the seller is a listed mining company.
- Acted for a telecoms company in connection with its acquisition of shares in a South African entity in the mobile content and value added services space.
- Acted for various companies on due diligence investigations regarding the acquisition and/or disposal of various assets.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces, South Africa
- South Africa (2019)
- University of Witwatersrand, Mandela Institute of Law (Advanced Company Law I & II, with distinction) (2016)
- University of South Africa (LLB) (2011)
- University of Witwatersrand (BCom Law) (2007)