Matti Koivusalo is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Tax and Global Wealth Management practice groups in Zurich. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Matti worked at a Big 4 accounting firm in New York and at a leading Finnish law firm in Helsinki.
Matti focuses his practice on international tax planning and global wealth management matters. He has advised individual taxpayers on pre-immigration and emigration planning, investment in US and non-US assets, succession planning, asset protection, and planning for receipt substantial gifts and inheritances. In addition, Matti has experience in planning, tax modeling, formation and restructuring of complex US and non-US corporate and partnership structures.
- New York~United States (2020)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. in International Taxation) (2018)
- University of Helsinki (LL.B. and LL.M) (2013)
- Author, “GILTI – The Anatomy of Global Minimum Tax”, Finnish Journal of Taxation (Verotus-lehti), April 2020
- Co-author, “Application of the Finnish general anti-avoidance rule in cross-border debt financing structures”, Journal of International Tax, Trust and Corporate Planning, March 2015
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.