Ekaterina Kobrin is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Moscow office. She joined the Firm in 2006.
Ekaterina focuses on compliance and investigation, cross-border litigation. She has advised on various legal issues relating to data privacy matters. She is member of the Baker McKenzie Compliance & Investigations Associates Forum, a task force of the young C&I leaders.
Representative Legal Matters
- Led complex compliance risk assessments for key clients in various industries including TMT, EMI, food and consumer goods, pharma/life science;
- Led and worked on large scale cross-border compliance investigations of global clients operating in pharma, IT/telecom, EMI, consumer goods and electronics manufacturers, fast-food and retail chains, logistics and facility management service providers ;
- Led investigations with a focus on anti-bribery, antifraud, antimonopoly compliance, business ethics violations;
- Specialist in legal aspects and practical challenges of forensic data collection, including in cases with complex privacy concerns and custodians' resistance;
- Specialist in coordinating and leading teams of lawyers and forensic experts in complex data processing and review exercises including with the use of TAR/CAL technologies;
- Coordinated external service providers for background searches and asset tracing in investigations;
- Advised clients on remediation plans and led trainings post-investigation.
- Named as one of ten RAA40 Top Young Arbitration Practitioners, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nominating Committee of the Russian Arbitration Association - Member
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - Member since 2014
- Russia (2005)
- Moscow State University (Law Degree) (2005)