Ekaterina Kobrin is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Moscow office. She joined the Firm in 2006.
Ekaterina focuses on litigation, international commercial arbitration and compliance investigations. She has advised on various legal issues relating to data privacy matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a private equity group in investment arbitration proceedings against the Republic of Kyrgyzstan under Additional Facility Rules of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) for expropriation of the investment in one of the biggest gold deposits in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Represented a multinational oilfield service and technology company in arbitration under the ICC Arbitration Rules against a general contractor for damages in excess of USD 51 million, related to the client’s performance of drilling services in Turkmenistan and failure by the counterparty to pay for these services.
- Represented a Cyprus company in SCC arbitration proceedings in a dispute out of a share purchase agreement and shareholders agreement for outstanding payments thereunder and damages due to bad management.
- Represented a restructuring agency of a CIS state in arbitration under the ICC Arbitration Rules in a dispute arising out of a FIDIC-based reconstruction contract involving financing of ADB.
- Represented one of the world’s largest oil companies in complex multi-jurisdictional disputes in the Netherlands, Sweden and Kazakhstan in a case involving USD 2 billion.
- Represented a major Chinese state construction company in a dispute under the SCC Arbitration Rules with regard to the construction contract valued at about USD 100 million.
- Represented one the world's largest steel producers in arbitration proceedings in Sweden under the Arbitration Rules of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce for the return of bank guarantee amounts written off by the contractor.
- Represented clients in connection with the enforcement of arbitral awards.
- Successful representation of an international consumer goods producer in a number of product liability proceedings initiated by Russian authorities in the context of a global product recall.
- Acted for a Russian chemicals producer in litigation cases against private companies and governmental structures.
- Named as one of ten RAA40 Top Young Arbitration Practitioners, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nominating Committee of the Russian Arbitration Association - Member
- Russia (2005)
- Moscow State University (Law Degree) (2005)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.