Jane Klinger is a counsel in the Compliance, Investigations and Government Enforcement Practice Group in the Washington, DC office. Prior to joining the Firm, Jane worked for an international development non-profit organization, where she managed economic development projects in Asia and the Middle East funded by USAID, the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.
Jane advises clients on a broad range of international corporate compliance matters. She has led multijursdictional internal investigations and guided companies under investigation by US enforcement authorities and multilateral institutions. She has also conducted risk assessments, and developed third party diligence programs, compliance policies and procedures, and anti-corruption training programs for multinational companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Managing and conducting a full-scale internal investigation on behalf of a multinational software company on potential violations of the FCPA in South Africa.
- Advising a global telecommunications giant on compliance program enhancements and implementation, risk assessments, and due diligence (including pre- and post-acquisition plans) for targets, as well as remediation of identified compliance issues.
- Conducted compliance risk assessments for multinational companies, including for operations in India, Vietnam and the Philippines.
- Assisted in an internal investigation for a Swiss bank in response to a US-Swizterland Program run by the US Department of Justice relating to resolving US criminal tax allegations.
- Represented a global construction firm in FCPA investigations before the DOJ and State Department OIG.
- Represented a global engineering firm in FCPA investigations before the DOJ and World Bank.
- Assisted in representing a major financial institution in response to a cyber attack.
- Advised a major telecommunications provider on compliance with a DOJ Civil Investigative Demand regarding competition issues.
- District of Columbia~United States (2009)
- Illinois~United States (2008)
- George Washington University (JD) (2008)
- Washington University in St. Louis (BA) (1999)
- Hong Kong