Laura Klare is a senior associate in the Munich Office of Baker McKenzie. Before joining the Firm in 2018, she worked several years for another international law firm in Dusseldorf and Hong Kong and was General Counsel of an international software company in Munich.
Laura advises domestic and foreign companies on all aspects of individual and collective employment law issues with a particular focus on restructuring exercises and multi-jurisdictional projects. She represents clients in court proceedings with individual employees and works councils.
Representative Legal Matters
Before joining Baker McKenzie, Laura:
- Advised an automotive supplier regarding the downsizing of their business in Germany including negotiations with IG Metall trade union and works councils.
- Represented a publishing house in their court proceedings against their works council claiming codetermination rights in restructuring efforts.
- Advised an entertainment company in the restructuring of their overhead functions and the closure of a theatre house, including negotiations with various works councils and ver.di trade union.
- Represented a US-based company on the dismissal of its German director for discriminatory misconduct.
- Advised investment banks in employment disputes concerning termination of employment and bonus claims.
- Germany (2013)
- Oberlandesgericht Celle (Second State Exam) (2012)
- Oberlandesgericht Hamburg (First State Exam) (2010)
- Bucerius Law School (LLB) (2009)
- University of Sydney (2007)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.