Jordan Kirkness is a senior associate in our North America Employment & Compensation Law Practice Group. Advising and representing employers in all areas of labour, employment and compensation law, Jordan has a broad range of experience in both public and private sectors, including union and non-union workplaces.
Jordan was admitted to the bar in Ontario and British Columbia in 2010, and has appeared before arbitrators, administrative tribunals, and all levels of court in Ontario, in labour and employment disputes. Jordan is a recipient of the Osgoode Certificate in Pension Law, and is certified by the Human Resources Professionals Association as a workplace investigator.
Jordan works hard to understand each client’s individual needs, and provides tailored, strategic and pragmatic advice to assist clients in identifying the right legal solution.
Jordan regularly advises employers in all areas of labour, employment and compensation law, including employment contracts, employment standards, pension and benefits, human rights, union certification, collective bargaining, grievance arbitration, employee mobility, wrongful dismissal, privacy, workplace policies and procedures, workplace investigations and occupational health and safety.
Jordan has unique experience working with new businesses who are starting, or expanding into Canada, helping them efficiently establish enforceable employment agreements and compliant workplace policies and procedures.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Law Society of British Columbia - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- The Advocates' Society - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2010)
- British Columbia~Canada (2010)
- Dalhousie University (Juris Doctor) (2009)
- University of Calgary (Bachelor of Arts Philosophy Honours) (2006)
- University of Toronto (Bachelor of Music in Performance) (2001)