Jordan represents national and multinational employers in labour and employment disputes, and advises global businesses on employment, pension and benefits issues in corporate transactions and reorganizations. His litigation and transaction experience give him a deep understanding of the legal risks at issue in his solicitor work, and frequent opportunities to implement creative, practical solutions.
Jordan drafts and negotiates executive employment agreements, collective bargaining agreements, and incentive compensation plans. He skillfully defends management interests in wrongful dismissal claims, union grievance arbitrations, human rights tribunal applications, and workers’ compensation claims.
Jordan was admitted to the bar in Ontario and British Columbia in 2010, and completed the Osgoode Certificate in Pension Law in 2018. He has appeared before administrative tribunals, arbitrators, and all levels of Court in Ontario.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Law Society of British Columbia - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- The Advocates' Society - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2010)
- British Columbia~Canada (2010)
- Osgoode (Certificate in Pension Law) (2018)
- Dalhousie University (Juris Doctor) (2009)
- University of Calgary (Bachelor of Arts Philosophy, Honours) (2006)
- University of Toronto (Bachelor of Music in Performance) (2001)
- Loose leaf: Ontario Pay Equity Law (formerly Ontario’s Equity Laws), Thomson Reuters Canada Limited, 2021
- Revisiting Substantive Equality & Compensation for Work Performed: Fraser v Canada, 2020 SCC 28, Baker & McKenzie client seminar, 2021
- Speaker, “Human Rights, Labour and Employment Update: Case Law and Current Trends,” Council of Ontario Universities, Presentation to Legal Counsel, October 2020
- Author, "New Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention Regime for Federally Regulated Employers," LexisNexis Canada, Employment and Labour Law Reporter, October 2020
- Author, "Checklist for Managing Work-From-Home Employees During the Pandemic," LexisNexis Canada, Employment and Labour Law Reporter, May 2020