Basil Kirby is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Transactions and Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in Zurich. He graduated from the University of Zurich as well as King’s College London and holds an Arbitration Practitioner degree of the Swiss Arbitration Academy. Basil trained with various international law firms in Zurich, Geneva and London, as well as with the Public Prosecution Office of the Canton of Zug in 2017. He was admitted to the bar as an attorney and notary in Zug in 2018 and rejoined the Firm in 2019.
Basil focuses on advising domestic and international clients in the areas of real estate and corporate transactions, mergers & acquisitions, dispute resolution as well as general corporate, commercial and contract law.
- Switzerland (2018)
- King's College London, UK (LLM in International Business Law, with merit) (2015)
- University of Zurich (Master of Law in Business Law, magna cum laude) (2015)
- Universities of Lucerne and Neuchâtel (Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Arbitration, Award classification: Excellent)
- Swiss Arbitration Academy (Arbitration Practitioner Degree) (2014)
- University of Zurich (Bachelor of Law, magna cum laude) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.