Evelyn regularly counsels investors, lenders, independent power producers, developers, electric utilities, contractors, and equipment suppliers on various aspects of limited-recourse project financing and development in the renewable energy field, as well as in other infrastructure sectors.
Evelyn also represents investor-owned utilities in infrastructure and transmission projects and in solar, wind, and biomass projects involving the utilities' non-regulated affiliates. She advises banks and other financial institutions in financing transactions that involve secured and unsecured commercial loans, asset-backed financings, and letters of credit issued to provide credit and liquidity support for bond issuances.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a global renewable energy development company in connection with the divestiture of a portfolio of five solar projects in Idaho totaling 120 MW.
- Represented a global renewable energy development company in connection with the divestiture of two solar projects in California totaling 80 MW.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the development of 150 MW and 100 MW utility-scale solar projects in California. This matter included the negotiation of engineering, procurement and construction contracts and construction management agreements for each project.
- Representing a sponsor/independent power producer in the tax equity financing of a 20 MW solar facility in Tennessee.
- Representing a lender in a USD 55 million construction financing of a 50 MW portfolio of four solar projects being developed by a sponsor/independent power producer in Oregon.
- Represented TerraForm Power in the acquisition of a portfolio of 30 operating solar projects in the US and Canada totaling over 23 MWs and involving seven separate tax equity and debt financing arrangements.
- Represented First Wind Holdings LLC in the development, construction debt, tax equity, and term financing of its Massachusetts Solar portfolio.
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Municipal Securities Division, in the acquisition and financing of three solar photovoltaic (PV) installations in San Antonio, Texas, totaling some 30 MWs. This matter included negotiating the acquisition and financing agreement and coordinating through construction and project documentation.
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Municipal Securities Division, in the financing of 34 separate solar facilities in New Jersey, totaling more than 8 MWs, as part of a bond issued in conjunction with a lease finance program. This matter included negotiating the membership interest purchase agreement and coordinating through construction, project documentation, and bond financing.
- Represented Acciona Energy in the development and financing of Nevada Solar One, a 64 MW solar thermal project in Boulder City, Nevada.
- Listed, Legal 500 US, 2012-2014
- Rising Stars, Northern California Super Lawyers, 2009-2010, 2013-2015
- Recipient, Wiley W. Manuel Award, State Bar of California, 2011-2012
- California~United States
- University of Illinois College of Law (JD cum laude) (2004)
- Cornell University (BA cum laude) (1998)