Evelyn regularly counsels investors, lenders, private equity, independent power producers, sponsors, developers, electric utilities, contractors, and equipment suppliers on various aspects of limited-recourse project financing and development in the renewable energy field, as well as in other infrastructure sectors.
Evelyn also represents investor-owned utilities in infrastructure and transmission projects and in solar, wind, and biomass projects involving the utilities' non-regulated affiliates.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the acquisition, development, as well as the construction, back-leverage and tax equity financing of a 26 MW portfolio of solar projects in California.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the tax equity financing of a 7 MW solar project in North Carolina.
- Represented a lender in the construction financing of a 50 MW portfolio of four solar projects being developed by a sponsor/independent power producer in Oregon.
- Represented SunEdison in the divestiture of a portfolio of five solar projects in Idaho totaling 120 MW.
- Represented SunEdison in the divestiture of two solar projects in California totaling 80 MW.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the development of 150 MW and 100 MW utility-scale solar projects in California. This matter included the negotiation of engineering, procurement and construction contracts parent guaranties, construction management agreements lender consents, estoppels and other ancillary documents for each project.
- Represented TerraForm Power in the acquisition of a portfolio of 30 operating solar projects in the US and Canada totaling over 23 MWs and involving seven separate tax equity and debt financing arrangements.
- Represented First Wind Holdings LLC in the development, construction debt, tax equity, and term financing of its Massachusetts Solar portfolio.
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Municipal Securities Division, in the acquisition and tax equity financing of three solar photovoltaic (PV) installations in San Antonio, Texas, totaling some 30 MWs. This matter included negotiating the acquisition and financing agreement and coordinating through construction and project documentation.
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Municipal Securities Division, in the financing of 34 separate solar facilities in New Jersey, totaling more than 8 MWs, as part of a bond issued in conjunction with a lease finance program. This matter included negotiating the membership interest purchase agreement and coordinating through construction, project documentation, and bond financing.
- Listed, Legal 500 US, 2012-2014, 2017
- Rising Stars, Northern California Super Lawyers, 2009-2010, 2013-2015
- Recipient, Wiley W. Manuel Award, State Bar of California, 2011-2012
- California~United States
- University of Illinois College of Law (JD cum laude) (2004)
- Cornell University (BA cum laude) (1998)