Mev Kilinc qualified into the Banking and Finance Practice Group in London in March 2019 and during her pre-qualification time in the team she has represented a variety of clients, including corporates, private equity sponsors, financial institutions, private credit funds, infrastructure funds and alternative lenders on a range of finance products, including senior, unitranche and receivables facilities.
Mev has experience of acquisition finance (advising both lenders and private equity sponsors), leveraged finance, syndicated bank lending, structured finance, and corporate lending. Mev's current practice is across different sectors and across multiple jurisdictions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the lenders on a syndicated loan in the amount of USD 1.425 billion. The syndication was made up of 40 banks in 22 countries across Europe and the Middle East. The borrower was Ziraat Bank, the largest state-owned bank in Turkey.
- Advising The Children Investment Fund on the financing aspects of the securitisation of receivables for the issuance of Italian mini-bonds within a layered capital structure.
- Advised Sika AG on the financing aspects of its binding offer to acquire French mortar manufacturer Parex Group from financial investor CVC Capital Partners for CHF 2.5 billion (USD 2.55 billion).
- Advised a leading Canadian infrastructure fund in connection with the financing of its bid for the acquisition of an English company and operator of solar panels across the UK.
- Advised a UK debt fund on the issuance of Italian mini bonds to an Italian issuer in relation to a large property portfolio including luxury Italian hotels.
- Advised a Japanese corporate on the financing aspects of its proposed GBP 100 million acquisition of a leading UK paper merchant.
- Exhibition Award, The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple, 2010
- Duke of Edinburgh Entrance Award, The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- Honourable Society of Inner Temple - Member
- England & Wales
- King's College London (BA Hons)
- (Graduate Diploma Law)
- University of London (Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC))
- (Legal Practice Course)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.