Martje Kiers is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s International Tax Practice Group. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2012. As an attorney at law she is admitted to the Netherlands Bar. Martje is co-heading the Amsterdam Tax Dispute Resolution group and she is a member of the Global Reorganizations Practice Group. Martje regularly publishes articles in tax journals.
Martje focusses on multinational companies with presence in the Netherlands/ Europe and advises on the Dutch and international tax aspects of their inbound and outbound investments. She assists companies seeking tax advice on cross-border business restructurings and implementation of acquisition structures. She has represented companies and private individuals in tax litigation and tax dispute resolution, including the prevention and resolution of tax disputes and tax audits. She has a wide tax litigation experience in the field of corporate income tax, personal income tax and gift and inheritance tax.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Advocaten-Belastingkundigen (NVAB) – Aspirant lid.
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2012)
- Leiden University (Master of Law in Tax Law) (2012)
- University of Amsterdam (Master of Law in European Union Law) (2012)
- University of Utrecht (Bachelor of Law) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.