Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a client in international arbitration proceedings under the rules of the ICAC at the Ukrainian CCI in a dispute for the supply of technical products.
- Represented a Cypriot company in SCC arbitration proceedings over a share purchase agreement and shareholders’ agreement for outstanding payments and damages due to bad management.
- Represented an international manufacturer of lubricants in connection with engineering and construction of a manufacturing facility in Russia.
- Represented an employer in arbitration proceedings in Stockholm under the SCC Rules for the return of bank guarantee amounts written off by the contractor.
- Represented a Chinese automobile manufacturing company in connection with bankruptcy proceedings involving a Russian automobile manufacturer with a claim of USD 58 million.
- Represented a global provider of technical, project and operational support services in setting aside the proceedings of the 2010 ICAC (Moscow) arbitration award issued against the client.
- Represented a subsidiary of a global telecommunications equipment company in the Supreme Commercial Court of Belarus against a claim for damages of over USD 30 million for creating a state-of-the-art transportation security system.
- Represented a leading international engineering company in arbitration under the ICAC (RF) Rules.
- Represented a private equity group in investment arbitration proceedings against the Republic of Kyrgyzstan under Additional Facility Rules of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes for expropriation of the investment in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Represented KazTransGas JSC in its investment dispute with Georgia relating to investments in KazTransGas-Tbilisi.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ICC International Court of Arbitration - Vice President
- London Court of International Arbitration - Member
- Russian Arbitration Association - Chairman of the Board
- International Counsel for Commercial Arbitration - Member, Governing Board
- Arbitration Commission of the Russian National Committee of the ICC - Chairman
- International Arbitration Court at the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Board Member
- Ukrainian Arbitration Association - Board Member
- Polish Arbitration Association - Member
- Austrian Arbitration Association - Member
- IBA - Former Vice Chair, Arbitration Committee (2013-2014)
- Russia (1998)
- Belarus (1992)
- Belarusian University Law Faculty (Law Degree) (1992)
Author, "What to do with the arbitration clause after September 1, 2016," Infotropic media, Legal Insight No. 8 (54), 2016
Author, "33 Rules of Drafting Documents in International Arbitration," (Treteiskiy Sud) Journal No. 2/3 (104/105), 2016
Author, "New legislation on arbitration: life has improved, life has become more joyous," Zakon Journal No. 5, May 2016
Co-author (with G. Zukova), "ICC Arbitration from a CIS Perspective: If Not Faster and Cheaper, Why Choose It?" International Arbitration Under Review | Essays in Honour of John Beechey - ICC Publication No. 772E, 2015
Author, "Standards of Proof for Allegations of Corruption in International Arbitration," Addressing Issues of Corruption in Commercial and Investment Arbitration - ICC Publication No. 768E, 2015