Leonie is an associate in the Tax team at Baker McKenzie and advises multinationals and large domestic clients on a range of Australian taxation issues.
Leonie's focus is on the income tax aspects of corporate restructures, M&A, major projects and general cross-border tax issues across a broad range of sectors. Leonie frequently advises large multinational groups on international tax issues and regularly deals with the Australian Taxation Office in the context of private rulings, class rulings and audits.
Representative Legal Matters
Leonie's most relevant experience includes advising:
- Brazilian global personal care cosmetics group Natura & Co on the sale of Australian luxury cosmetics brand Aesop to L'Oreal
- a major telecommunications infrastructure group on its acquisition of an ASX listed communications software company
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (2019)
- Macquarie University (Bachelor of Applied Finance and Bachelor of Laws (with Honours))
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.