Jai Khanna is a partner in the Firm's North American Banking, Finance and Major Projects Practice, residing in the Chicago office. Mr. Khanna brings more than 16 years of experience advising on a broad range of complex financing transactions. Mr. Khanna's clients include global banks and financial institutions, equity investors, asset managers, investment funds, hedge funds, and corporate issuers and borrowers in a variety of industries.
Mr. Khanna advises clients on the structure, documentation, administration, compliance, and workout of senior and mezzanine secured and unsecured loan facilities, as well as single and multi-investor, leveraged and non-leveraged project finance and lease transactions involving independent power and cogeneration facilities, real estate, manufacturing equipment, transportation assets, and other tangible and intangible assets. He also has extensive experience advising clients on collateralized loan obligation transactions as well as the development, tax equity investment and financing of renewable energy projects. In addition, Mr. Khanna advises clients in the securitization of a variety of financial asset classes in both the conduit and term markets.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Loan Syndications and Trading Association
- Commercial Finance Association
- Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- Illinois~United States (1999)
- Washington University (J.D.) (1999)
- Northwestern University (Bachelor of Science) (1990)