Billal Khan is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate and Securities Practice Group in Toronto. Prior to joining the Firm, Billal summered and articled at a corporate transactional law firm in Toronto.
Billal's practice focuses on corporate and commercial matters, domestic and cross-border private and public company M&A, corporate finance and securities-related matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Motorola Solutions, Inc. in connection with its USD 1 billion acquisition of Avigilon Corporation, a Canadian developer and manufacturer of advanced video surveillance and access control solutions.
- Advised CITIC Metal Africa Investments Limited, a direct subsidiary of CITIC Metal Co., Ltd., one of China’s leading international resource companies, in connection with its CAD 723 million strategic equity investment in Ivanhoe Mines Ltd.
- Acted for a UK-based global leader in marketing and communication services in connection with its acquisition of a Canadian on-demand digital content and social media content provider with operations in North America and the UK.
- Advised a confidential client specializing in investments in the healthcare industry in connection with its acquisition of a Canadian chronic pain management service provider.
- Acted for a leading financier to the mining sector in connection with a USD 85 million senior secured credit facility with a Canadian multi-asset mining company to finance the development of a gold mining project in Brazil.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2017)
- University of Windsor (JD) (2016)
- University of Toronto (Hons BA with High Distinction in International Relations and Criminology) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.