Denis Khabarov is highly recommended in the field of intellectual property by European Legal 500 – 2008, and has been recognized by European Legal Experts 2008 in the area of dispute resolution. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2001 and became partner in 2007. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Khabarov was an in-house attorney for the Moscow Companies Registration Authority, where he was in charge of the litigation practice. He currently serves as a member of the Moscow City Bar, the International Trademark Association (INTA) and International Anti-counterfeiting Coalition (IACC). Mr. Khabarov graduated from the Law Faculty of the Russian Peoples’ Friendship University in 2000, and was admitted to practice law in Russia in 2000.
Mr. Khabarov focuses his practice in the areas of general IP advice, IP enforcement and anti-piracy, dispute resolution and litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising major multinational companies on issues of company/trade name establishment and protection in Russia.
- Advising major multinational companies on issues of trademark enforcement and anti-counterfeiting actions.
- Structuring large-scale anti-counterfeiting campaigns for a number of major multinational hi-tech, apparel and sportswear companies, including initiating and representing clients in a number of police raids and civil, administrative and criminal matters including customs enforcement.
- Advising major European and multinational companies on unfair competition and advertising regulations in Russia.
- Advising a major multinational company on trade secrets protection and licensing issues.
- Obtaining a landmark decision representing a European company in a company name/trademark litigation against its unauthorized Russian “namesake.”
- Advising major European and multinational companies on trademark licensing and franchising issues.
- Advising a major Russian company employees’ patent rights issues.
- Successful recovery through landmark court actions of a number of unlawfully registered domain names for a major international beauty product manufacturer.
- Advising major multinational companies on various issues relevant to the establishment and maintenance of customs IPR surveillance measures in Russia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition
- Moscow City Bar
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Russia (2000)
- Russian Peoples Friendship University (2002)
- Russian Peoples Friendship University (2000)
- Co-author, "Russian Federation: The government approves agreement on regional Eurasian trademarks," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 25 September 2020
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.