Andrew focuses his practice on transactions in the energy sector, including upstream and midstream oil and gas and renewable energy transactions. He advises developers, sponsors, and corporate clients in connection with the acquisition, financing, development, and divestiture of renewable energy projects. He also works with upstream and midstream oil and gas clients in transactions involving conventional, unconventional, onshore, and offshore resources.
Andrew also represents clients across a variety of industries in mergers and acquisitions, capital-raising transactions, corporate restructurings, and general corporate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an international chemical company on the sale of its Cariflex business unit through a competitive auction process.
- Advised a private equity company on its acquisition of oil and gas assets in the US.
- Advised a UK-based renewable energy developer in connection with the proposed acquisition of a solar project in West Texas.
- Advised a private equity-funded oilfield tool manufacturer on its acquisition of an oilfield services company and concurrent amendments to its senior credit facility.
- Advised an aluminum products manufacturer with global operations on its sale to a private equity company.
- Advised a global industrial manufacturing company on the sale of its concrete products business unit.
Joint Ventures and Project Development
- Advised a sustainable infrastructure fund on the structuring and implementation of a joint venture to acquire and operate a 2.3-gigawatt portfolio of US wind and solar projects.
- Advised a private equity company on the formation of a joint venture to acquire and develop oil and gas assets in Texas.
- Advised an international oilfield services company on the formation of a joint venture to develop and commercialize downhole drilling technology.
- Advised a private equity-funded waste processing company on the formation of a joint venture with a Fortune 500 waste management company to commercialize waste-to-energy processing concept.
- Advised a private equity-funded environmental services company on the development of slurry injection and oilfield waste disposal facilities in West Texas.
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers, 2020
- Top Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- The Institute for Energy Law (IEL) - Advisory Council
- State Bar of Texas - Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section
- Houston Bar Association - Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas (2014)
- South Texas College of Law (J.D. Magna Cum Laude, South Texas Law Review) (2014)
- University of Texas (B.A.) (2010)
- Co-author, “Outlook for U.S. Renewable Energy Projects Following COVID-19,” Renewables Now, June 5, 2020
- Co-author, “Trump’s Executive Order Bans ‘Adversary’ Supplied Equipment on the Nation’s Transmission System,” Baker McKenzie Client Alert, May 2020
- Co-author, “Impressions from the Texas Railroad Commission’s Historic May 5, 2020 Decision Against Prorationing,” Baker McKenzie Client Alert, May 2020
- Co-author, “Texas Oil & Gas Operators Face Partner Co-Tenancy Risk,” Law360, April 20, 2020
- Co-author, “Could the Parties have Anticipated the Unthinkable? Force Majeure in the Texas Energy Industry After COVID-19,” Texas Lawbook, April 2, 2020
- Moderator, “Exiting a Strategic Relationship” panel, ACC Houston Marquee Full-Day CLE: Life Cycle of a Deal, December 2019