Andrew Ketner is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Houston office and a member of the Firm’s North America Energy Transactions Practice. Andrew advises on a diverse range of domestic and international energy-related transactions and projects, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and project development.
Andrew focuses his practice on transactions in the energy sector, including upstream and midstream oil and gas and renewable energy transactions. He advises developers, sponsors, and investors in connection with the acquisition, financing, development, and divestiture of renewable energy projects. He also works with upstream and midstream oil and gas clients in transactions involving conventional, unconventional, onshore, and offshore resources.
In addition, Andrew routinely represents clients across a variety of industries in mergers and acquisitions, capital-raising transactions, corporate restructurings, and general corporate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
Represented the North American arm of a global industrial gas company in connection with its strategic acquisition of a Turboexpander business unit.
Represented a leading US rooftop solar company in its sale to a group of private equity investors.
Represented a private equity firm and its portfolio company in connection with the bolt-on acquisition of a leading regional HVAC company.
Represented an international chemical company in the sale of its Cariflex business unit through a competitive auction process.
Represented a private equity company in connection with its acquisition of oil and gas assets in the US.
Represented a UK-based renewable energy developer in connection with the acquisition of a proposed 700 MW solar project in West Texas.
Joint Ventures and Project Development
Represented a sustainable infrastructure fund in connection with the structuring and implementation of a joint venture to acquire and operate a 2.3-gigawatt portfolio of US wind and solar projects.
Represented a private equity company in connection with the formation of a joint venture to acquire and develop oil and gas assets in Texas.
Represented an international oilfield services company in connection with the formation of a joint venture to develop and commercialize downhole drilling technology.
Represented a private equity-funded waste processing company in connection with the formation of a joint venture with a Fortune 500 waste management company to commercialize waste-to-energy processing concept.
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers, 2020
- Top Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- The Institute for Energy Law (IEL) - Advisory Council
- State Bar of Texas - Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section
- Houston Bar Association - Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section; Mergers and Acquisitions Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas (2014)
- South Texas College of Law (J.D. magna cum laude, South Texas Law Review) (2014)
- University of Texas (B.A.) (2010)
- Co-author, “Responding to the Oil Price Crisis: An Overview of Onshore and Offshore Federal Royalty Relief,” Association of Corporate Counsel, Dallas - Forth Worth, 16 November 2020
- Co-author, Global Oil & Gas Survey: Response to the Oil Price Crisis, Baker McKenzie, 12 November 2020
- Co-author, “The Pace of the U.S. Energy Transition Could Now Accelerate,” Bloomberg Law, 5 November 2020
- Co-author, “Outlook for U.S. Renewable Energy Projects Following COVID-19,” Renewables Now, 5 June 2020
- Co-author, “Trump’s Executive Order Bans ‘Adversary’ Supplied Equipment on the Nation’s Transmission System,” Baker McKenzie Client Alert, May 2020