Susan Kendall practices commercial litigation and is listed as a leading lawyer in dispute resolution by Chambers Asia Pacific. She is an accredited mediator with the Hong Kong Mediation Council and is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong, as well as in England & Wales.
Ms. Kendall's practice focuses on trust disputes, contentious employment issues, privacy investigations, and commercial fraud. She is also experienced in non-contentious corporate and commercial law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an international corporate trustee on a billion US dollar split-family, cross-border trust dispute and application to the BVI court for construction of the terms of the trust deed, now on appeal to the Privy Council.
- Represented a leading corporate trustee on a complex, long running multijurisdictional trust dispute involving an attack on two dynastic trusts on grounds of incapacity, undue influence and non est factum and a subsequent application to appoint beneficiaries to one of the trusts and distribute the fund.
- Represented a leading US casino chip manufacturer in obtaining injunctive relief and an Anton Piller order against a former employee and new employer (a rival company) for misuse of confidential information, breach of confidence and inducing a breach of contract.
- Represented a leading Australian bank in a claim for injunctive relief against a former employee for misuse of confidential information and breach of confidence and contract.
- Represented a global premium products manufacturer in a cross border claim for injunctive relief for the misuse of a confidential information and conspiracy to injure by three former employees.
- Conducted two substantial regional internal compliance and FCPA investigations for a leading multinational freight forwarding company and for a leading global IT joint venture company.
- Represented a leading US fitness club in a long running investigation by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data into collection of personal data from members, including an appeal to the Administrative Appeals Board.
- Represented a leading Italian furniture manufacturer in a claim for breach of covenant, theft of designs and breach of confidence with a 42 day trial in the High Court.
- Advised a leading Japanese conglomerate in an employment dispute involving a complex multimillion dollar/cross border fraud, breach of contract and fiduciary duty.
- Advised a leading US animal feed manufacturer in a complex employment dispute concerning breach of fiduciary duty, theft, constructive trust and commercial fraud.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mediation Council - Accredited Mediator
- Hong Kong (1990)
- England & Wales (1987)
- College of Law at Chancery Lane (S.F.E.) (1985)
- College of Law at Chancery Lane (C.P.E.) (1984)
- University of Exeter (B.A. Honors) (1980)