Anne Kelts practices in the area of commercial litigation in Baker McKenzie's San Francisco office. Prior to joining the Firm, Anne served as a law clerk for Honorable Judge James C. Mahan in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada.
Representative Legal Matters
- Defended putative consumer class action in Northern District of California against international travel service provider for alleged improper advertising to consumers.
- Defended consumer goods manufacturers in action filed in California state court alleging violations of California statute relating to “organic” labelling of consumer goods.
- Represented an international luxury goods retailer in response to a class action threat from an active, well-known plaintiff’s firm, resulting in the plaintiff’s firm abandoning the claims.
- Represented telecommunications provider in litigation under the False Claims Act and California False Claims Act in state and federal courts.
- Obtained confirmation of USD 84 million foreign arbitral award in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
- Defended appeal of an interpleader action before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained defense verdict and award of over USD 2.2 million for non-profit entity in breach of contract arbitration.
- Obtained favorable settlements and dismissal for fraud and breach of contract claims filed in California state and federal courts.
- Assisted in internal investigations on compliance issues under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Assisted in defense of a bankruptcy litigation in New York state court.
- Provided pro bono legal services to the San Francisco Blue Ribbon Panel on Transparency, Accountability, and Fairness in Law Enforcement during its investigation into potential bias in San Francisco’s law enforcement agencies.
- California~United States (2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2017)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (2017)
- Vanderbilt University School of Law (JD) (2014)
- Georgetown University (BA magna cum laude) (2011)
Co-author, "A Common Thread In California 'Organic' Textile Lawsuits," Law360.com, September 2017