Graham Keithley is an associate in Baker McKenzie's International Commercial Practice Group in Washington, DC and a member of the Firm’s Unmanned Aviation Systems focus team. He primarily works with transportation industry clients in regulatory and civil litigation matters, including before the US DOT, FAA, CBP, TSA, and NTSB.
Prior to joining the Firm, Graham was a civil litigation and regulatory associate in two top-ranked aviation practice firms in Washington, DC, focusing on transportation agency enforcement actions and accident investigations, antitrust investigations as well as mass tort national litigation strategy matters. He was also a judicial intern under the Honorable Ronnie A. Yoder and served in the United States Navy as an Aircraft Maintenance Administrationman.
Graham has an active pro bono practice, often representing veterans before the Court of Appeals of Veterans Claims and Board of Veterans Appeals.
Graham represents clients in a variety of regulatory and civil litigation matters, including agency enforcement actions, accident investigations and antitrust investigations.
He has experience handling DOT and FAA authorization matters, rulemaking and policy changes, including consumer protection rules and obstruction evaluation policies. Graham also represents UAS manufacturers and operators before the FAA.
Representative Legal Matters
- Counsels businesses and individuals on corporate/private aircraft ownership, operational and regulatory compliance matters, including corporate flight departments, Part 91 operations, lease and time-share agreements, and policies for corporate aircraft.
- Advises UAS clients on various regulatory and commercial matters, including commercial and recreational use of UAS, Part 107, operations of small and large UAS, testing and experimental certification matters before the FAA, and public aircraft operations.
- Counsels real estate and energy clients on airspace obstruction matters for developments near airports, including state-related permitting matters and FAA policymaking.
- Counsels aviation industry clients in US citizenship requirements for corporate transactions and aircraft ownership matters.
- Advises airport owners, users, and tenants in regulatory compliance proceedings before the FAA.
- Represents airlines in regulatory matters, including licensing, anti-trust, route proceeding, and enforcement and compliance matters.
- Counsels clients in enforcement matters related to the transportation of hazardous materials by aircraft.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- District of Columbia Bar - Member
- District of Columbia~United States (2012)
- New York~United States (2012)
- Court of Appeal for Veterans Claim
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.) (2011)
- Bates College (B.A.) (2003)