Kevin maintains a diverse practice working with individuals, closely-held businesses, family offices and financial institutions alike. In counseling individuals, he provides cross-border and multinational tax and estate planning advice, including for individuals with family members subject to differing tax regimes. This often includes strategic planning related to income and transfer taxation; US and non-US trusts; the formation and operation of private trust companies; tax-efficient, cross-border investment structures (including those holding both passive investments and operating businesses); pre-immigration, expatriation and mobility; tax reporting and regularization; and FATCA and CRS compliance.
With respect to family offices, fiduciaries and financial institutions, Kevin advises on best practice policies and procedures from a US and international tax and regulatory perspective. He often undertakes the role of outside general counsel and regularly interfaces with colleagues around the world to provide clients with efficient and coordinated multi-jurisdictional guidance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) - Affiliate Member
- Florida Bar - Real Property, Probate Law and Tax Law Sections
- American Bar Association - Taxation and Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Sections
- International Bar Association - Member
- District of Columbia~United States (2017)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2015)
- Florida~United States (2014)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (LL.M. Taxation)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D. cum laude)
- University of Central Florida (B.S.B.A. Accounting summa cum laude)