Susan practices in domestic and international tax law, with an emphasis on cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and other restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
Susan has acted as U.S. tax counsel in connection with:
- Advising a U.S. parented agribusiness and specialty chemicals company on the restructuring of its Asia-Pacific specialty chemicals distribution business and the subsequent EUR 3 billion revenue combination with a Netherlands parented group.
- A German on-line fashion retailer’s separation from a U.S. parented fashion retailer and subsequent IPO at a USD 2.2 billion valuation.
- The sale of an on-line platform for music and musicians to a video game and software developer.
- The de-SPAC of a casino resort in the Philippines at a USD 2.6 billion valuation.
- Advising multiple U.S. parented technology companies each on one or more cross-border acquisitions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
American Bar Association - Section on Taxation
- Illinois~United States (2009)
- California~United States (2016)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, with honors) (2012)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., cum laude) (2009)
- University of Colorado (M.S. Accounting) (2004)
- University of Colorado (B.S.B.A.) (2004)
- Duke University (B.S.) (2001)