Artur Kawik is an associate at Energy & Infrastructure Practice Group in Warsaw. He specialises in issues relating to infrastructure projects, public-private partnerships (PPP) and concessions, public procurement law, civil law and construction law. He has been involved as an advisor in many complex infrastructure projects for clients from the energy, construction, railway, fuel, oil & gas, real estate development and defence industries.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he worked at international law firms.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a Polish offshore wind developer in preparing and negotiating of geotechnical service agreements for both the offshore wind farm and the offshore grid connection relating to the development of an offshore wind farm in the Baltic Sea.
- Advising the leading oil & gas company in Central and Eastern Europe on the investment projects consisting in the construction of a hydrogen generation unit, including during the preparation, negotiation and modification of an EPC Contract.
- Advising Orpea Polska sp. z o.o. on the redevelopment (including the extension and expansion) of a former hospital building into the "Św. Jadwiga" Care Centre, including during the preparation and negotiation of a general contracting agreement, and advising the client at the stage of performing the agreement.
- Advising one of the leading economy hotel chains on the construction of a new hotel in the Eastern Poland during the preparation and negotiation of a general contracting agreement and at the stage of performing the agreement.
- Advising the Ministry of Investment and Development and the City of Tarnów in the preparation of a PPP project named: “Tarnowskie Gniazda Innowacyjnych Specjalizacji”, including the preparation of pre-feasibility studies.
- Advising a leading ESCO company in the PPP contract award procedure concerning the pilot ESCO hospital project implemented in Sosnowiec in the PPP model.
- Advising Stadler Polska sp. z o.o. on the performance of a public contract concluded between a consortium including the client and PKP Intercity S.A. for the delivery of 20 electric multiple units for passenger transport with the provision of maintenance services.
- Advising Doosan Lentjes GmbH during the contract award procedure for the award of a public contract for the construction of flue gas desulphurisation and ash distribution facilities at the Pomorzany power plant, part of the Dolna Odra Power Plant Complex, finalised by the conclusion of the contract between the client’s consortium and PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A.
- Advising Doosan Heavy Industries & Corporation on proceedings conducted by PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A. for the award of a public contract for the construction of a new lignite-fired power unit in Elektrownia Turów.
Professional Associations and Memberships
The Warsaw Bar Association
- Warsaw~Poland (2019)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Post Graduate - The Legal and Economic Basics of the Investment Process) (2018)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Post Graduate - Preparing and Managing Public-Private Partnership Projects) (2016)
- Jagiellonian University (Master of Laws) (2014)
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (Amparo-Constitutional Challenge) (2013)
- Jagiellonian University (Master of International Affairs and Relations) (2011)