Julia Kaufmann is a partner in the Munich office of Baker McKenzie. She has been admitted in Germany since 2006 and in New York, USA, since 2009. In addition to her studies in Germany, Ms. Kaufmann obtained her Master of Laws degree at the University of Texas at Austin, USA.
Ms. Kaufmann advises both German and international companies on all legal issues related to information technology, sourcing, data privacy and data protection, e-commerce, marketing and matters related to Internet and media law. She assists international online businesses with regard to commercial issues as well as compliance with consumer protection and data privacy law. Ms. Kaufmann also focuses on outsourcing projects, development and implementation of multi-jurisdictional data privacy compliance programs, and software licensing and IT services agreements. In 2011/2012, Ms. Kaufmann worked for one year in our Chicago and Dallas offices, primarily for US clients.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised one of the world’s most renowned media content platforms on numerous matters related to e-commerce, data privacy and marketing matters.
- Advised Staples on the implementation of a new online-shop system.
- Advised an international leading manufacturer of home appliances on the implementation of an app controlling home appliances.
- Advised one of the world's most famous and renowned online hotel reservation providers on the implementation of a global data privacy structure in 50+ countries.
- Advised a global pharmaceuticals company on the global implementation and distribution of a health care related app.
- Advised Allianz on a ten-digit data center outsourcing deal with IBM.
- Advised a global packaging manufacturer on the implementation of a global HR database in 45+ countries.
- Advised a service provider for financial institutions on the implementation of a new service for financial institutions in the European market.
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- New York~United States (2009)
- Germany (2007)
- University of Texas at Austin (LL.M.) (2008)
- Higher Regional Court of Munich (Second State Exam) (2006)
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (First State Exam) (2004)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.