Adinda Karperien is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's Amsterdam office. Adinda advises on corporate transactions, including corporate takeovers, and is regularly involved in due diligence investigations and the drafting of commercial contracts. In 2018, she spent a secondment in Zurich, Switzerland with a large financial institution. Prior to joining the firm, Adinda obtained a master's degree in corporate law and she studied at McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
Adinda has industry specific knowledge and has experience in cross-border transactions in the energy, mining, infrastructure and climate change sectors, with particular focus on renewable energy projects. She co-published several client alerts and articles on energy law. Her practice focuses on corporate transactions, commercial contracting and regulation of the energy sector in the Netherlands.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a large financial institution with respect to compliance matters.
- Advised Ergon Capital Partners and Keesing Media Group on the acquisition of puzzle and game publisher Kiekis Hieris.
- Advised a consortium of AkzoNobel, DSM, Philips and Google on contracting for renewable power in the Netherlands with respect to wind farm Krammer.
- Advised Eurus Energy Group on the acquisition in Netherlands of nine wind farms with a total output capacity of 72.5 MW.
- Advised Triodos Bank and Triodos Groenfonds on the project financing of wind farm Bouwdokken.
- Represented a major UK nuclear facility with respect to the handling of construction compliance, claims and contract management.
- Assisted in a project regarding the construction, financing and operation of two wind farms, combining elements of project documentation, export credit financing and project financing.
- Advised several clients on renewable and conventional energy related projects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Society of Energy Law - Member
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2016)
- VU University Amsterdam (LL.M.) (2015)
- McGill University, Montreal (LL.M.) (2015)
- University of Groningen (LL.B.) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.