Céline Abi Habib Kanakri is a counsel in the Dubai office, where she focuses on UAE and international complex arbitration across a range of industry sectors.
Céline contributed in drafting and commenting on several UAE decrees, laws and regulations.
Céline has been practicing in the UAE for over 12 years and is experienced in complex UAE and international arbitration. This is underpinned by her strong understanding of UAE corporate, civil and commercial law and extensive experience with the structuring and restructuring of governmental and semi-governmental entities. Her sector experience includes: real estate, commercial, construction and banking and finance disputes. Céline also sits as arbitrator and provides legal opinions in support of arbitrations in complex areas of UAE law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on a multimillion AED commercial dispute (DIAC Rules), between shareholders of a UAE investment company, for investments in the Abu Dhabi health care sector and involving the stock exchange.
- Advised on a multibillion AED corporate and commercial dispute between the heirs of shareholders in a UAE-based group of medical and pharmaceutical companies. Arbitration was in Arabic, through a court-appointed panel, following ADCCAC Rules.Advised on a multimillion AED commercial construction dispute (DIAC Rules), between a Fortune 100 contractor and an employer, concerning work in an eminent project in Dubai.
- Advised on a multibillion AED construction dispute (DIAC Rules) between a contractor and a semi-governmental entity responsible for the development of land in Dubai.
- Advised on a multimillion AED commercial construction dispute (ICC Rules) between a contractor and a sub-contractor, over the execution of construction works in a renowned Dubai project in Dubai under the ICC Rules.
- Advised on a multimillion AED commercial real estate dispute (DIAC Rules) between the owner of a hotel and the hotel operator.
- Advised on a number of commercial real estate disputes between real estate developers and purchasers (DIAC Rules).
- Advised on a multimillion AED commercial banking and finance dispute between a UAE investment company and a Saudi stock market investor. Arbitration was in Arabic and under DIAC Rules.
- Advised on a multimillion AED commercial dispute (DIAC Rules) between an energy drink manufacturer and a franchisee following termination of a franchise and distribution agreement.
- Advised on a multimillion AED commercial dispute (DIAC Rules) between buyers of a company and sellers following the acquisition of a company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- UAE International Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Lebanon (2005)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- St. Joseph University of Beirut (Bachelor of Arts Lebanese Law) (2004)