Sam Kamyans is an associate in the Firm's Tax group in Washington, DC. He advises clients on federal income tax planning for internal restructurings, and M&A involving domestic and international taxpayers. He is experienced in the taxation of partnerships, and has significant experience in energy (traditional and renewable sources), private equity and public market transactions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Sam was tax counsel to Sempra Energy, a Fortune 500 energy company. Before going in-house, he practiced at a large law firm and was an attorney advisor at the US Internal Revenue Service, where he focused on partnership taxation. In addition to practicing tax law, Sam taught partnership taxation at Georgetown University Law Center from 2010 to 2015.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Tax Section
- Washington D.C. Bar Association - Tax Section
- District of Columbia~United States (2012)
- California~United States (2008)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. with distinction) (2009)
- Loyola Law School (J.D.) (2008)
- University of California at Santa Barbara (B.S.) (2004)