Alevtina has extensive experience in the IT and communications sector. She advises on a wide range of IT and telecommunications agreements, including hardware and software cross-border supply contracts, agreements for the provision of installation, commissioning and maintenance services, hardware and software distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements as well as engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning contracts.
She is also experienced in trade compliance, regulatory and anti-corruption matters as well as corporate and M&A matters in the IT and telecommunications sectors. She advises on the legal aspects of disruptive informational technologies, such as internet of things, smart cities, smart grids, distributed ledger technologies and related fintech, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, healthtech and related cybersecurity questions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on structuring, negotiating and implementing all types of domestic and cross-border commercial arrangements with regard to various fixed, mobile and converged networking hardware, IP technologies, software and services in various CIS jurisdictions.
- Negotiated and performed due diligence for a number of multijurisdictional managed services deals.
- Assisted in structuring, negotiating and implementing an agreement on engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning a telecommunication network for a state-owned railway company.
- Assisted in structuring and negotiating a turn-key agreement for the design and supply of a management and communication system at a gas transportation network for a state-owned gas-transporting company.
- Assisted in designing a global FCPA and UK BA corporate compliance program for the management and selection of third parties. Managed deployment of a global corporate compliance program in Russia and various CIS jurisdictions, and performed due diligence of existing and selected third parties.
- Conducted various anti-corruption investigations and forensic activities. Addressed the US DOJ Monitor’s requests related to various CIS jurisdictions and secured implementation of its recommendations.
- Negotiated and implemented a multijurisdictional deal on the creation of a joint venture with a Russian state-owned telecom equipment company.
- Assisted in the restructuring of corporate presence and consolidation of assets belonging to the combined company in Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine following a global merger.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Russian Corporate Counsel Association - Board Member
- Russian Arbitration Association - Board Member
- Belarus (1998)
- University of Nijmegen (LL.M. European Business Law) (2003)
- European Humanities University, in cooperation with Montesquieu - Bordeaux IV University (International Law) (1998)