Tomasz Kaczmarek is a counsel in Baker McKenzie's Banking and Finance Practice Group in Warsaw. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked in one of the largest multinational law firms in the same city.
Tomasz represents sponsors, project companies and banks in relation to project finance, property finance (development and investment), acquisition finance and hedging arrangements. He advises on financial services legal frameworks, including the Payment Services Directive, Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR), banking law, and the Financial Instruments Trading Act, among others. Tomasz also represents credit institutions before the Financial Supervision Authority and the Ministry of Economy, as well as banks in enforcement proceedings before Polish courts and court bailiffs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised mBank on the financing of a warehouse project in Janki and Łódź.
- Advised a syndicate of banks in relation to the financing of the Warsaw Spire office project.
- Advised Liebrecht & Wood on the financing of the Centrum Praskie Koneser project.
- Advised Energix on the financing of 106 MW Banie Wind Farm.
- Advised HTL-Strefa on refinancing of acquisition indebtedness and bonds rollover.
- Advised Gazit Globe on the financing of the acquisition of Promenada shopping mall in Warsaw.
- Advising Polenergia (Kulczyk Holding-controlled energy group) on the financing of three wind farm projects in Poland
- Advised Western Union International Bank's Polish branch on the launch of a new product and on its day-to-day operations in Poland.
- Advised Raiffeisen Bank Polska and Bank DnB NORD Polska on the financing of a wind farm project in Kanin.
- Advised Raiffeisen Bank Polska, BZ WBK, Bank DnB NORD Polska and PKO BP on the financing of two cross-collateralized wind farm projects in Poland.
- Poland (2013)
- University of Cambridge
- University of Nicolas Copernicus
Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa